Friday, March 27, 2009

Simply Music

I wish I had more time for music and I guess that's the way with everyone.

45944

A long lazy afternoon, with an iced drink,  a pair of headphones, the airconditioner on, and a platter of snacks. No mobile phone, no patients, no profession, just me and my music. No one will knock at the door, no parties to attend, just a slice of sky with a few  clouds floating by away from my window, far far away from traffic sounds and raucous cries of the street vendors. My occasional visitors would be a curiously silent Ranjana, a sniffing Pluto, and a couple of white pigeons on the window sill, an occasional spattering of raindrops, a cold exploratory breeze carrying with it the memories of a childhood long gone....

1946_picture_of_an_unkempt_man_sitting_at_his_computer_wearing_a_headphone

And I would wake up in a world full of bluebells, thick grass and a gurgling brook. Unknown ,unexplored winding paths would surround me which would have no terminus except where you want to stop, where on one side tall trees would rise in their strange arrangement, and mysterious bridges would straddle an unnamed river. And the headphones would play on and on the guitar chords by persons who would never know me and the pleasure I am getting travelling these misty roads with their music....

WagonRide-forest-path-H

But the bell will ring and the television serials will blare and there will be the process of living in this Real world---but for a time, for a few hours, simply music was all that I wanted and got.

Here's Tom Morello--Great isn't he?



This Flash Player was created @ FlashWidgetz.com.

1 comment:

Radar Introspects said...

Music is simply my soul.It is my survival. It is my confessed addiction. My 4 years here would be quite impossible without it, especially foundation where painstakingly I would use brush zero for painting edges of boxes.
It is the point of connection that I relate to, whether you sip an iced drink in the sweltering heat of Kolkata or I chew a vada-pav and gulp down chai in the stifling heat of the Pune tapri.